What is a P&C?
The Parents and Citizens Association (P&C) is a group of community-minded people, parents and citizens, who take on a more formal role to assist the school by providing:
- feedback on school policies and activities
- additional resources to be used to enhance student learning
- parents with opportunities to be involved in their child’s education.
Research has shown that parent involvement in a child’s education makes a significant contribution to the child’s success at school.
The objectives of the Association are to promote the interests of, and facilitate the development and further improvement of the school, by promoting parent participation, encouraging close cooperation between parents, students and staff and promoting positive community support.
- To foster general community interest in educational matters.
- Encourage closer cooperation between the parents of students attending the school, other members of the community, staff and students of the school/centre.
- To provide advice and recommendations to the Principal of the school on issues and concerns in respect of students and the general operation and management of the school.
- To provide or assist in the provision of financial or other resources or services for the benefit of students of the school.
- To perform any other functions as the Minister may determine, not inconsistent with the Education (General Provisions) Act 2006.
To become a member of our P&C an application for membership form must be completed and submitted to the Secretary. Memberships are renewed each year at the Annual General Meeting (AGM) which is held in March or at any General Meeting throughout the year. Persons applying for membership need not be present to have their application considered. For insurance purposes, it is recommended that your spouse /partner is also registered. As a member you will receive meeting documents that will keep you informed of what is happening in our P&C. The nomination form is available from the documents section of this website.
Positions on the P&C
All positions on the P & C become vacant at the AGM in readiness for the election of the following officers from the members of the Association:
- Vice President from each Cluster – Charleville; Roma; Cunnamulla; Quilpie/Eromanga/Thargomindah
Charleville School of Distance Education P&C also has the following Parent Representatives, Committees and Co-ordinators. Each sub-committee requires a Chair and Secretary.
- Queensland Council of P&C Associations (QCPCA) representative
- Kick Start Conference (KSC) representative
- Remote Regional Education Access Program representative (RREAP)
- Fundraising Sub-committee
- Grants writing Sub-committee
- Cookbook Co-ordinator and Cookbook Distributors
- Souvenir and Uniform Co-ordinator
Nominating for a Position
All positions on the P&C become vacant at the AGM of each year, and for the smooth running of the P&C it is advantageous that these positions be filled. To make a nomination or to be nominated, you must to be a registered member of CSDE P&C. A nomination form needs to be completed and submitted to the Secretary before the AGM. This form is available on this website.
All meetings, except the February general meeting, are conducted via teleconference (details published in Notices). The February general meeting will be a face to face meeting held during the week of Kick Start Conference. The Annual General Meeting is held in March.
Meetings are usually held on the third Wednesday of each month from 7:30 pm; however, dates may alter at times. Meeting dates for the year will be as marked on the School Calendar. Reminders for meeting will be emailed to members and placed on notices as well.
Members may place an item of business on the agenda by notifying the Secretary prior to the meeting. Agenda items are advertised on Notices. Documents for each meeting – agenda, minutes from the previous meeting, correspondence lists, correspondence items of interest, treasurer’s report, reports from the Principal, sub-committees, parent representatives and co-ordinators – are emailed to members for perusal prior to each meeting.
School Management Team
Like most state schools, our school community supports the Principal and staff with a School Management team. This team discuss the operational planning and management of the school and develop a plan for the years to come. There are 4 parent representatives on this body, one from each cluster. This position is for a period of two years. The President of the P&C is also automatically on the School Management Committee. Being a P & C member is not a prerequisite for this position.
Souvenirs and Uniforms
Our P&C sells souvenirs, recipe books and uniforms as a source of income. A list of items are available for your convenience - see top roght of page. These items can be purchased at the school – see the office staff - or ordered through the mail via blue mailbags marked Attention: Uniform and Souvenir Coordinator. Please address recipe book orders Attention: Cookbook Co-ordinator.
There will be a stall set up in the foyer at Kick Start Conference and in the pavilion at Sports Muster for your convenience. Pre-ordering items so they can be organised for pick up at these events is helpful.
P & C President: firstname.lastname@example.org
P & C Secretary: email@example.com